The City of Tuskegee, Alabama is in search of a Dispatcher for its Police Department.
Receives and responds to calls, maintains law enforcement databases, manages records and prepares reports, and performs related services: Receives incoming emergency and administrative calls; determines response requirements and relative priorities; dispatches City Police and Fire to emergencies in service area; transfers medical emergency calls and non-service area calls for police and Fire to appropriate jurisdiction or service provider; maintains radio communication with Fire and Police units responding to emergency calls.
Reviews files to ensure accuracy, completeness and compliance; enters and retrieves information from NCIC and ACJC databases; and confirms, executes and audits warrants. Records details of calls, dispatches and messages in log book.
Credentials & Experience:
- Applicant must possess a High School diploma or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license
- Have high school courses or training in office technology
- Experience in emergency dispatching is desirable
- If considered for hire applicant must also pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening
$11.54 / per hour
All qualified candidates should submit a City of Tuskegee application to the HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT, 101 Fonville Street, Tuskegee, Alabama 36083 or apply online at www.tuskegeealabama.gov
Download position description: Dispatcher – Police Department