Events Specialist – Birmingham Nonprofit
Birmingham Nonprofit is in search of an energetic Events Specialist to support its operations by assisting clients with planning and executing approximately seventy-five events per year.
Events Specialist Essential Responsibilities:
Manage client events, including but not limited to the following:
- Work with Events Team to coordinate reservations, event services, and top-tier customer service.
- Coordinate with other members of Events Team to ensure coverage of and staff presence during all client events.
- Respond to all communications from potential, current and repeat customers.
- Add private events to Google calendar; monitor website to ensure events appear correctly.
- Assist in maintaining events spreadsheet for accurate reporting of client event revenue.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with vendors related to client events.
- Communicate regularly with caterers, alcohol vendor, and equipment vendors (stage, sound, tents, tables, inflatables, etc.) to manage annual contracts and secure all percentage payments on a timely basis.
- Compile weekly report of tasks completed.
- Keep an ongoing record of all vendor payments received, and work with accountant to reconcile on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist with greeting walk-in visitors, as well as assist with answering phones, and checking voice mail.
- Other duties as assigned, including assist the Executive Director and Director of Events with various projects as needed.
Specific Job Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of experience in non-profit or a similar field required.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills, top-tier customer service skills, exceptional attention to detail, the ability to multi-task effectively, and the patience to deal with regular interruptions.
- Must be able to prepare dynamic written and oral presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $33,000 – $38,000
- 100% paid Blue Cross & Blue Shield medical and dental plan.
- 15-Days PTO & 10 Sick Days
- $50 per month cell phone stipend
- IRA retirement plan
- Flex scheduling
To Express Your Interest:
Email your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com. Only candidates meeting the stated jobs skills and requirements will be contacted concerning the next steps in the process.