The Membership Manager is responsible for the cultivation, stewardship, and growth of the Park’s annual membership offering as well as planning and implementing the year-end giving campaign. The Membership Manager is responsible for setting and tracking membership goals, developing creative member engagement opportunities, and identifying new audiences for membership growth.
About Red Mountain Park:
At 1,500 acres, Red Mountain Park Foundation operates the largest park in Birmingham. We welcome 130,000 guests annually as they explore our 15 miles of multi-use trails and learn some of our city’s earliest history. Our mission is to connect our communities by reclaiming the land where Birmingham began, uniting us all on the path toward a healthier future.
Membership Manager Essential Responsibilities:
- Manages member relations up to $2,500 annually; responsible for recruiting, retaining and upgrading individual, family, and small business members through outreach efforts, membership drives (direct mail, email, telemarketing, on-site events, etc.) and lapsed member solicitation
- Plans and directs the Annual Membership Drive
- Responsible for sending renewal reminders, processing inbound memberships (mailed, phone, online, on-site) and ensuring acknowledgements and membership packets are accurate and sent in a timely fashion
- Develop brochures, signage, and other collateral for membership promotion
- Manages donor records and generates reports to evaluate results and trends
- Creates and oversees member engagement programming
- Acts as a liaison and point of contact for the Red Mountain Park Junior Board and other volunteer groups
- Grows capacity through development volunteer opportunities
- Creates and administers monthly member newsletters
- Creates content for and monitors the Park’s social media channels
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to work independently with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Experience managing CRM software or donor database and generating reports (preferably Bloomerang)
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and guidelines with great attention to detail
- Ability to clearly and accurately communicate information in writing to a variety of audiences
- Ability to focus on customer satisfaction, demonstrating a commitment to provide quality service to every park visitor and supporter
- Ability to estimate time requirements: Able to judge how long a particular task or group of tasks will take to complete. Includes accurately projecting timelines, deadlines and completion dates.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or related experience required
- Background in non-profit preferred including experience in fundraising and customer service
- Willingness to work evenings or weekends to support Park events
Perks & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $40,000 – $45,000 (based on experience)
- 100% Employer Paid Medical Insurance (Single)
- Matching Retirement Contribution
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
TO APPLY, please submit your cover letter, salary expectations, and resume via email to email@example.com with “Membership Manager” in the subject line. To ensure your resume is considered, we respectfully ask that you follow this submission process. No phone calls please.
*Red Mountain Park is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.*